Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Unearthing old "ideas"

So I gave a talk to a class of undergrads studying Computer Science at Duke University just this past February. I had talked with the instructor, a friend & colleague, about doing this for years. Well, I've been digging around an old laptop and I found my list of "ideas" for the talk:

  • capture effort
  • testing is important
  • refactoring needs a safety net
  • strive to improve
  • you are an agent of change (if things aren't to your liking)
  • the importance of talking to none-tech people
  • look for outside influence
  • allow your hobbies to recharge your career
I was glad to see that my list of ideas was not too far from the actual talk I gave.

Tomorrow night, I need to restructure some slides for a talk I'm giving to an interdisciplinary group studying biology who have backgrounds in computer science, mathematics, and biology. I'll post the slide to Slideshare as soon as they're complete.

10 comments:

孫陽泉 said...

Pay somebody back in his own coin.....................................................................

柏強 said...

您的blog蠻不錯的耶,祝你快樂哦!期待您的更新!.................................................................                           

靜宸靜宸 said...

成熟,就是有能力適應生活中的模糊。.................................................................

王名仁 said...

向著星球長驅直進的人,反比踟躕在峽路上的人,更容易達到目的。............................................................

佳皓佳皓 said...

一個人的際遇在第一次總是最深刻的,有時候甚至會讓人的心變成永遠的絕緣。............................................................

蕙春蕙春 said...

人生之中,比冒險更危險的一件事:不去冒險。..................................................

佩璇佩璇 said...

我來湊熱鬧的~~^^ 要平安快樂哦..................................................................

韋志韋志 said...

累了嗎?來杯咖啡休息一下吧!............................................................

宛真宛真 said...

很喜歡看看別人的生活故事,謝謝您的分享哦~~............................................................

陳佑發 said...

Never hesitate to hold out your hand; never hesitate to accept the outstretched hand of another...................................................................